11.08.2006

Forgot to turn the alarm on !!

And that pretty much set the tone for the entire day...

I set my alarm for 4am so I would have plenty of time to get to the airport in DENSE fog and park, get the kids inside and (hopefully) to he gate to greet Molly and Mike.

I forgot to turn the stupid alarm ON... and Robby woke me up at 4:48am. Needless to say, my dream of greeting my new daughter turned from a beautiful fantasy into a rushing double parked homeless people packed fiasco....

And all she does is scream when i come near her.

I did play peek a boo a little bit with her after we got home, but she was only interested if Mike was right beside me.

She likes the kids, she even held Katies hand on the car ride home, it was adorable.

The kids and I only had 5 hours of sleep, and yet they are not interested in napping at all, they didn't even sleep in the car on the way to the airport, which is about a 30-40 minute drive. Mike & Molly have gone to bed since it is 10pm in their body clock right now. hope I can get Katie & Colin down for a nap soon.

She is 6-8 inches shorter than Katie, and RAIL thin.... I didn't think anyone could be that thin, even Nicole Ritchie. Her feet are about half the size of Colins, both in lengh and width.

I just don't know how to feel...

9 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax Erin! She just met you and you *were* frantic. She'll warm up fine. It is wonderful she bonded with Mike so well. She will come around and will be loving you too before long. Hugs!

Kim K

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Miranda said...

I agree with Kim. Give it time. When she sees how much Katie and Colin depend on you, she will take her cues from them and do likewise.

The first time I saw my step-daughter, she was two years old and it was a very shocking process. She had never met either me or Bob and then had a court ordered one-month visit. She took her cues from Jeremy(who was three at the time) and eventually bonded with us through him.

Hugs.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin:

I totally agree with Kim and Miranda. The SAME thing would've happened to you if you were in China getting her. All the babies in our group screamed and cried when we got them - don't panic, be sweet and calm. Molly will come to you and then it's the next step..THE VELCRO STEP!!! She won't even let you go to the bathroom haha! Wait and see! I am praying for you.
Love, Carmen

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give it a little time Erin. She has been through quite a lot in the past few weeks. Mike is the only familiar thing from her life as she knew it. Your family's warmth and love will pull her in soon:)

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember how normal it is for her to react this way... VERY, VERY normal. I know you would love for her to say "mama" and run into your arms, and that will come. Try to just enjoy seeing her sweet face in her forever home! She's home and things are going to be fine! Sending you hugs!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kimmi said...

(((Erin))) we try not to, but we see these idyllic scenes in our dreams. Her reaction was SO appropriate to the situation though. It speaks volumes about her development being on track, so you have that. AND it shows that she feels secure with Mike, so she's already found security in your family, your home, how marvelous! She'll learn to come to you for wants, needs, comfort soon.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet her and Katie holding hands. She will soon be running into your arms too! I am so happy for your family =)

Beth

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

((((HUGS))))

Don't lose hope. She will be screaming "mama" in no time :-) She is probably exhausted as well.

Keep us posted :-)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Everyone had great words of wisdom. Hang in there Erin. Every day will be better and better! How are Katie and Colin feeling about their new tiny sister?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home