11.04.2006

Lost post

Somehow blogspot ate a post..... so here it is...

We arrived in Guangzhou yesterday afternoon, Molly slept most of the afternoon, then we went out to dinner with Cheryl and Paul, another adopting couple from New Mexico. Today (Sat) we went to the medical clinic to get her checked out, mainly just recording height, weight, ear nose throat stuff, all very general information. She is 34 inches tall and about 20.7 lbs.

I bought Molly some squeaky shoes today, 55 yuan (about $7 US), we'll see if I paid too much. I'm going to go to another shop and get some for Katie and Colin I think.

I met a lot of the other couples also adopting as I am. In our group, everyone knows that I am 'the brave dad' coming alone to get Molly. Veronica told them all about me, so it was easy for people to come and introduce themselves. Even outside our group, people seem to know of me. Some very nice people here. I hope to spend more time with them today.

As we were talking on our way to the clinic, one of the women asked me if I was techno-savvy, what a silly question! She needs help with her digital camera, can't get the pictures off to send in email. So I offered to help.

I think I'll take Molly down to the Swan Room, which is a play room with toys and such. I will the pictures when I get back to the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home