11.05.2006

Chen Family Temple

We visited the Chen Family Temple today, which really isn't a religious temple, it a place where Chen families from all over China came to contribute arts to the compound. It had a lot of very intricate carvings which I hope come out in the photos.

After that we went to the Jade Market run by the government. The jade in this store is guaranteed to be real, in the quality specified. The prices are higher, but you get what you pay for hear. Jade is very important to Chinese culture and I bought a number of pieces which shall be revealed later.

I just don't know where I'm going to put this...














...maybe in the living room

After the jade market, we came back to the hotel and Molly had a nap. Ok, I napped too. After we woke, I rushed out and bought a suitcase, 120 yuan ($15). Polo Hong Kong it says on the outside, predicted lifetime, 6 months. As long as it makes it back to Detroit with the contents still inside it, then it's worth it.

I bought a lot of clothes today, all Chinese style, except for one ladybug outfit for Molly. I have more stores to look into, so I'm not done yet. The suitcase is only 30% full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home