7.18.2007

Church bitch

I just need to bitch a little bit about Church.

I love my church, I love it so much I volunteer 2x a month on the coffee team. We arrive at 7:30 and make and serve coffee for church-goers. We are supposed to have at least 5 people on each shift, to cover 2 coffee stations and the kitchen where the big coffee makers are. I have been doing this for almost 18 months. It makes me feel good giving my time to the church, since we can't afford to put much into the offering box.

Well here is my bitch...

I have a broken heel, and am in a funky brace thing for the unforseeable future. Therefore I need someone to cover one stinking shift for me. My coffee team is huge, like 35 people... I sent out an email asking for help a week ago... and NOBODY has offered to help...

What is wrong with people? I am not asking because I want to go to the beach or decided last minute to go away for the weekend or whatever, I have a broken heel for God's sake. I am in a funky brace thing half way up my f'ing leg.... I can't possibly stand and move around like coffee team requires for 3+ hours... seriously...

I'm just so surprised by people these days... blows my mind ...

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jane said...

That's terrible, I'm sorry. Did you end up finding someone to fill in?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home