10.28.2006

Finally!

I'm finally going to post on the blog, me, Mike. Here is something I wrote in the airport in LA, and on the flight to China.

--------------------

I'm off to China to meet my daughter. Things are going pretty smooth after a hectic few days of packing, running around and double and triple checking my bags and paperwork. I have no idea what to expext when I get there but it'll be fine I'm sure.

In the security checkpoint line in Detroit I was behind a family of four struggling to get through security with all their infant carriers, strollers and whatnot. For a few moments, I was playing peekaboo with the little girl and she either enjoyed it, or thought I was weird. Later on in LA waiting for my departure to Guangzhou, I started thinking that soon enough, I will be playing peekaboo with Molly, trying to ease her fears of this new person, let alone a man. Most likely she's never seen or een held by a man before. Too bad! I've never been to China either Molly so suck it up! Just kidding, I'm imagining carrying a struggling, screaming 2 and 1/2 year old everywhere I go. Hopefully it will be better than that. I was talking with a man and woman in LAX about stuff, when the guy told a story about a woman on an all night flight from Spain to the US had 3 toddlers with her and she was alone! Either a very brave and confident woman, or clearly insane. The guy said she took out a bottle of NyQuil and gave each child a sip from the bottle, and they slept most of the flight.

10/27/06 - Somewhere over Russia near the Sea of Okhotsk

Still 5 hours of flight time left. It's about 1:41pm in Detroit as I write this and 1:41am in Guangzhou. China Southern airlines has this premium economy section, that is basically business class. Each seat has a footrest, personal TV screen which is showing an unidentifiable Rob Lowe movie now, Just for Laughs from Montreal, and a smattering of Chinese and British shows. None can hold my interest for very long except for channel 12, it shows information about the plane, it's location, speed, and a map showing where the plane is currently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home