11.01.2006

China National Tea Museum


Tuesday morning my guide Veronica took us to the Dragon Well tea fields and museum. Dragon Well tea is considered one of the finest in the world. During our visit I learned about the different kinds of tea, how each is made, the art and science of tea brewing and drinking. I've been interested in green tea for a while now, so this was very interesting to me. However, the highlight of my day was when a group of young Chinese school children all came up to me and shouted Hello, Goodbye, as they tried out their English words. I tried out my Chinese phrases Ni Hao, and Zhi Xian as well and they giggled. Then they all gather around me for a picture as they smiled and laughed. I was having a great time on the tour, but that made it so much better. Maybe I was their first live white person.



Veronica and I had tea at a tea house after our tour. Tea was served with grape tomatoes and peanuts. Ok, you got me why those two, but you know, when in Rome, do as...., so I ate peanuts as well. I bought a couple of big canisters of tea to take home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home