2.28.2007

Mid-life musings

When you get old enough to wear bi-focals - or I guess the politically correct term is now progressive lenses - nobody bothers to tell you that you need to re-learn EVERYTHING. Stairs, walking, sitting, driving, just LOOKING is a new challenge. The counter girl at DOC said so casually when I picked up my new glasses "you just have to point your nose where you need to look and the correct part of the glasses will follow". Who points their nose when they look, I just move my eyes, not my entire head damnit...

It's been a month with my new glasses, and I still get motion sick when I try to change the radio station in the car, or god forbid, walk down the stairs without looking completely down so that I am looking out the top of my glasses...

I never knew getting old would be such a pain in the ass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home